Custom Wheel Building Services
A custom wheel build will give you a stronger, more durable, and more reliable wheelset. It also gives the rider more options when it comes to color, spoke count, lacing patterns, and weight.
This is a really great option for riders who want specific components, bombproof durability, and unique personalization.
South Shore Cyclery has a knowledgeable and experienced staff and is equipped to handle all your custom wheel-building needs!
How it works
Know exactly what you want? You can choose your components from our list of brands that we special order. Some of our top brands include Phil Wood, Onyx, White Industries, Chris King, Industry 9, Velocity, HED, ZIP, Sapim, Shimano, DT Swiss, Wheelsmith, Campagnolo, Odyssey, and Sram.
Or, if you need some help deciding what to get, we can advise you on the components that best match your goals, style, and budget.
Once we've ordered and received all your parts, our team will get to work and build you the best set of wheels you've ever ridden.
Prices vary with components and spoke count. Contact our team to get a quote and a timeline.
Why choose custom wheels?
Nothing beats the strength, beauty, and longevity of a hand-built wheel. Here are some situations when getting a custom wheelset makes sense:
- You need a super tough commuting or touring wheelset that won't let you down.
- You are looking for a flashy and unique set of BMX hoops or a set of lightweight racing wheels.
- You're after the superior trail performance of a custom geared or single speed wheelset for attacking the toughest mountain bike trails.
- You are ready to upgrade to a lightweight pair of road race wheels that will help you earn a spot on the podium.
- You have a classic bike that's begging for a restoration project to have it running like new.